Every time Easter comes we are reminded about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. For some, this is still an awesome event in history that changes everything in their lives. But for others, perhaps many others, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is no longer that interesting or relevant. They would rather look for eggs (or for other things) than look into an empty tomb where the angel declares, “He has risen!” If not for the pandemic, many would probably be on the beach or in some faraway location to have fun and relax.
Recapturing the Good News of Easter Sunday! (1 Corinthians 15:1-34, 58)
Some Christians may no longer believe in the resurrection of the dead. (v.12)
This unbelief may be revealed in our practices and lifestyle. (vv.29-32)
This is not a minor issue. (vv.33-34)
This is tantamount to denying the resurrection of Christ. (vv.13, 16)
To deny the resurrection of Christ is to reject the Gospel. (vv.1-2, 11)
Central to the Gospel is the resurrection of Christ. (vv.3-7)
Apart from the resurrection of Christ, there is no Good News! (vv.14-15, 17-19)
But because Christ rose from the dead, we can hope for the resurrection from the dead! (vv.20-28)
- The implication of this should be totally life-changing! (v.58)
- The RESURRECTION of JESUS CHRIST changes EVERYTHING!
- We must stand firm in our hope of the resurrection brought about by the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Decide today to offer your life to follow and serve the Lord together with others!
- In what way has the resurrection of Jesus changed the way you live since you believed? If not, why not?
- Why is it important to really believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
- If you truly believe, what would change in your life right now?