You can be busy but remain healthy spiritually. Ang susi ay huwag lang maging “hurried” palagi. Kapag hurried kasi, napakahirap maging spiritually healthy. Talagang bibigay tayo. Manghihina tayo spiritually at madali tayo matutukso at malilinlang ng kaaway. Maliligaw tayo ng landas at hindi natin matutupad ang kalooban ng Diyos. Pero paano ba ito? Paano natin mababalanse ang buhay natin para hindi tayo maging hurried palagi? Meron tatlong simpleng hakbang para magawa ito ayon sa Mark 6:30-44.
1. Create *spaces* in between activities to rest. (Mark 6:30-32) – You can easily become hurried if you jump from one activity to another without taking the time to stop, look, and listen. That is what it means to rest in the Lord. Rushing is a form of control. Learning to wait before taking on a new activity shows humility. You should not get ahead of God. Instead, you should keep in step with Him.
2. Pay attention to *triggers* and pray for guidance. (Mark 6:33-37) – Pay attention to events, experiences, encounters, and emotions. They may be triggers for you to slow down and listen to God. When God allows these things to touch you (i.e. they touch you when you become aware of them), He is speaking to you. He may be working on your character (to add/remove something) or He may be inviting you to join Him in something that He is doing in the world.
3. Act by faith to the *promptings* of the Spirit. (Mark 6:38-44) – Discern if what you are hearing in your spirit is from the Lord. Ask for guidance from others to confirm if you are not sure. Over time, if you keep on listening to the Lord, you will become familiar with His voice. When you have faith (i.e. peace in your heart that passes all understanding), act immediately and do not delay.
1. Central Idea: “Even if you’re busy, learn to *listen* and *obey*.”
2. When you are unable to hear God in the midst of your busyness, you are definitely too busy and hurried. Repent and do these basic steps again.
3. This week, practice these three basic steps in order to be spiritually healthy even though you are busy.
1. Why is it difficult for most people to create space in between their activities?
2. Which of the following do you often fail to pay attention to? (events, experiences, encounters, and emotions)
3. What would you do differently to discern the promptings of the Spirit in your life?