Pwede ba both?
Pwede ba maging spiritually healthy kahit busy? Of course! Being busy has to do with our schedule based sa ating life situation or calling in life. Pero hindi kinakailangan maging too busy. Kapag too busy, we become driven and hurried. Hurried means laging nagmamadali. Parang lagi may appointment o may hinahabol. Wala kang space o margin to rest in the Lord. Limited ka pero hindi mo ito tinatanggap. Bagkus, dagdag ka lang ng dagdag ng mga pwede mo pang pagka-busy-han. Paano mo malalaman kung busy ka o talagang hurried na?
1. *Relational* *tensions* at home, work, or church (Luke 10:38-42) – Mga *tensyon* sa *relasyon* sa bahay, trabaho, at church – You would know that you are becoming too busy because of the tensions that rise up in your relational environments. Instead of being patient and kind, you are easily irritated. You blow up too quickly and you blame everyone around you for all sorts of mistakes or weaknesses.
2. *Restlessness* of body and mind (John 11:17-23) – Kawalan ng *kapahingahan* sa katawan at pag-iisip – You can feel it in your body when you are hurried. Your body reacts to what is going on inside of you. There is no rest or peace in your soul and it is manifested through headaches, increase in blood pressure, and other physiological symptoms.
3. *Rash* *reactions* (John 11:24-27, 38-40) – Madaliang *reaksyon* na hindi napag-iisipan – You are unable to make wise decisions when you are hurried. Your reactions are quick but not well considered. You make a lot of mistakes. People can see your foolish choices but often you do not see them yourself.
1. Central Idea: “It’s okay to be *busy* but not *hurried*.” (“Pwede maging *busy* huwag lang laging *hurried*.”)
2. When you are just busy, it will soon change and you can go back to your normal routines. But when you are hurried or too busy, it just lingers on and it affects you and the people around you in negative ways.
3. This week, examine yourself. Are you hurried or just busy?
1. Why is it difficult to determine whether you are hurried or just normally busy?
2. What do you think is your state of soul right now?
3. How will you apply what you’ve learned in this sermon?