Hope is very important in our lives. When we have hope, we can look forward to the future with great anticipation. We feel excited when we are hopeful. We make plans. We are confident. Life is good. But what if something or someone steals your hope away?
ON THE ROAD TO EMMAUS (Luke 24:13-35)
- It’s painful when others don’t know or understand what you are feeling or why. (vv.13-17)
- When something or someone steals your hope, you can’t help but blame it or them for your pain. (vv.18-21)
- People whom we think are trying to give us false hope only make matters worse for us. We don’t want further disappointment. (vv.22-24)
- Sometimes not even the words of the Bible can help us. (vv.25-29)
- Only Jesus can open our eyes to the truth… (vv.30-32)
Main Truth: “If Jesus is your hope, no one can steal your hope away.” (vv.33-35)
Application: Put your hope in Jesus, not just in anything or anyone.
What challenging situation are you going through that is testing your hope in the Lord?
What have you learned today that helps you to overcome and hope in the Lord more?
What would you do differently now that you know where your true hope comes from?