It is understandable for people who do not believe in Jesus to not see the relevance of Christianity in today’s world. But it is sad when believers themselves only know about what Jesus said and did 2,000 years ago! In fact, it’s not only sad; it’s also detrimental. How can the church become relevant if we’re only talking about what Jesus said and did in the past? How can we influence the world if we don’t know what Jesus is doing right now?
FOUR ONGOING WORKS OF JESUS
- Jesus wants to proclaim the kingdom of God through us. (Mark 1:14-15; Luke 9:1-3; Acts 1:3; Acts 28:30-31; John 14:12)
- Jesus wants to confirm His word through us. (Acts 10:37-38; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 4:29-31; Acts 5:12-16)
- Jesus wants to transform people through us. (Romans 1:16; Colossians 1:3-8; 1 Thessalonians 1:4-10)
- Jesus wants to purify the church through us. (Revelation 1:12-16,19-20)
Conclusion and Implications:
- “Our main work today should be the works of Jesus.”
- It’s time to reexamine our priorities and align our activities.
- Look at your weekly schedule and begin making changes.
- What happens if Christians do not know or believe that Jesus is still working today?
- How can we change this mindset, in RLCC, for example?
- How would you apply this personally starting today?