Guided Online Worship Experience Now Showing
“Church from Home” (August 2, 2020)
Welcome to Real Life Christian Communities. We believe you did not arrive here by accident. God has led you to this site. We are a fellowship of Christian communities located in various places but united under one vision frame, one set of values, and one set of distinctive biblical beliefs. If you want to know more about us, click here.
Here is our Guide for this Sunday’s Online Worship Experience
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Worshiping God requires soul preparation. Therefore, prepare yourself well. Sleep early and wake up early. Avoid staying up late on a Saturday night. Dedicate your whole being to the Lord. In the morning, take a bath and dress up, as if you are going to meet someone special. Prepare the room where you will be watching. If possible, cast it on the largest TV screen. Make sure there are no distractions. Come into the presence of the Lord with thanksgiving in your heart. Don’t slouch in bed or on your sofa. Be ready to worship Him fully with your whole being. If appropriate, stand up and raise your hands! You can also dance if you like.
SOUL PREPARATION (30 MINUTES)
Lord, as the pandemic continues, we are faced with many choices. Our work situation has changed. A lot of people are now working from home. The same thing has happened to our educational system. A lot of students are now studying from home. But the idea of “church from home” remains a foreign idea to many of us. We still struggle with it, thinking it’s just a necessary situation… for now. Soon everything will go back to normal, and we can go back to church again. But is this your will, Lord? Do you want us to see the church as a place we go to? Lord, help renew our minds. Teach us to see the church as US — your people, wherever we are. Let us be the church wherever you’ve placed us. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Read the passage below slowly and meditatively at least three times. Ask God to direct your eyes to a word, phrase, or sentence that He wants to use to speak to you. Then, share with one another the word, phrase, or sentence that the Lord has led you to focus on. Optional: You can also share why that word, phrase, or sentence impacted you.
Fellowship in the presence of the Lord (eating together)
Prepare some food and drink and eat together in the presence of the Lord. Catch up with each other. Do some “soul talk.” Encourage one another in the Lord. Don’t forget to pray for each other at the end of your fellowship and conversation. Remember these Scriptures:
“So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together.” (1 Cor 11:33)
They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2:46b-47)
Silence and Solitude
Spend a few minutes in silence and solitude as you prepare your soul to encounter God through His word today. Remember, there will be a five-minute countdown before the service begins. This a good time to be quiet.
MAIN ONLINE SERVICE (60 minutes)
Join us now in worship and in listening to God’s word through our Premiere video broadcast.
- Since the pandemic began, we have become accustomed to various “new normal” terms (like “work from home,” “study from home,” etc.). But what about “church from home?”
- The term “church from home” is not easily accepted because of our beliefs about the church. We think the church is a “place” we go to rather than a people.
- But the Bible tells us differently (1 Cor 3:16). We are the people of God and we are His temple. God’s Spirit dwells with us. So, we can be the church wherever we are.
- How can we be the church wherever we are?
- James 1:19-27 teaches us THREE PRACTICAL WAYS.
THREE PRACTICAL WAYS TO BE THE CHURCH WHEREVER WE ARE:
- Apply the Gospel in your relationships (James 1:19-21).
- Arrange your life so you can pay attention (James 1:22-25).
- Activate your faith in practical ways (James 1:26-27).
Turning Point: “WE can be the church wherever WE are!”
GROUP DISCUSSION (30 minutes)
- How do you normally deal with frustrations and disappointments in your life?
- How can the Gospel help you to overcome anger toward things or people?
- Why is it hard to pay attention to the Gospel in your daily life? How can you overcome it?
- What can we do practically right now so we can be the church wherever we are?
PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER
Please take the time to pray for one another. This is important. Thanks!
Your Reflections (Optional)
If you want to really grow in your faith, take some time to personally reflect on what you have learned today. Click the link to submit your personal reflection. We can also send you a copy of this if you wish. Just let us know your email. Thanks!
After hearing this sermon, look for friends online who might be interested to discuss it with you. Start a Facebook “Watch Party” using Messenger Rooms. Make use of the Discussion Questions also. Invite them to follow Jesus and show them how to do so. Help them also to help others to follow Jesus also. Teach them how to use our various online tools like the Real Life Journey Bible Study Lessons. More importantly, JOIN A SMALL GROUP TODAY!
New options for giving
Click this link to check out new options for your giving.