A Core Team is a group of 2 to 5 spiritual leaders who shepherds a Small Group in order to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
A spiritual leader is someone who is characterized by the following habits:
- Practices personal soul care
- Pursues life-giving relationships
- Proclaims the Gospel through words and deeds
- Produces good fruit that endures
- Provides spiritual companionship to others
A Small Group is any of the following:
- Share Group
- Study Group
- HEALTH Group
- HELP Group
- Task Group
- LIFE Group
- LEAD Group
The Great Commandment is found in Mark 12:28-34 and the Great Commission is found in Matthew 28:19-20. The Great Commandment is the relational aspect while the Great Commission is the task aspect of the overall ministry of Core Teams. Both are important goals.
Pre-Requisites for all Core Teams
- Must be a born-again Christian (i.e., has completed the Real Life Bible Study) who displays most if not all of the Seven Rubrics expected from RLCC members.
- Must be committed to the Vision Frame of RLCC.
- Must regularly fulfill the PROMISE as an example to others.
- Must be in the process of completing or has completed the Basic Equipping Courses of RLCC.
- Must be in the process of completing or have completed our Spiritual Formation Courses.
- Must have an email and knows how to use it regularly for communication purposes.
- Must have the Church Center app and the Get Real app installed on their phones for Notification purposes.
How to SHEPHERD a Small Group
- See Jesus’ vision for the group.
- Hold sacred rhythms for the group.
- Encourage members to be equipped.
- Pray with and for the members.
- Harmonize relationships.
- Empower potential leaders.
- Reach out to others.
- Designate new leaders for multiplication
Click here for more information.