7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides,so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
(1 Peter 4:7-11)
Serving the Lord is God’s will for each and everyone.
7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
(1 Peter 4:7-11)
There are five basic ways to serve the Lord.
- Be a Supporter – You can use worldly wealth to help finance the various needs in the church as well as to help fulfill the Great Commission. There are many needs, It takes finances to fulfill those needs. If God has gifted you in the area of giving, then this can be your ministry. For more details on how you can serve God through giving, click here. If you are interested to become a regular giver in our church, please contact us as soon as possible.
17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19 In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
(1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- Be a Host – You can use your ability to attract people by hosting events or a simple church gathering that would promote the cause of Christ. You can also start a Bible study in your own home, office or school. You can organize events to attract the lost. You can even host parties and invite believers and unbelievers so there can be connections between them. There are many ways that you can be a host. People with a gift of hospitality can be great hosts. If you are interested to become a host, please contact us as soon as possible.
23 The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along. 24 The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends.
- Be an Active Volunteer – There are many ministries that need active volunteers. Active volunteers are those who volunteer their time, talents or treasure on a regular or weekly basis. They are the workforce of the various ministries of the church. They are the singers, musicians, tech people, ushers, kids church workers, seeker group facilitators, etc. Most of all they are our simple church overseers who oversee our simple churches in various places. Each week these volunteers provide the working force for RLCC. If you are interested to become an active volunteer, please contact us as soon as possible. We need you!
4 They (the Levites) are to join you and be responsible for the care of the tent of meeting—all the work at the tent—and no one else may come near where you are. 5 “You are to be responsible for the care of the sanctuary and the altar, so that my wrath will not fall on the Israelites again. 6 I myself have selected your fellow Levites from among the Israelites as a gift to you, dedicated to the Lord to do the work at the tent of meeting.
- Be a Resource Person – Like the Active Volunteer, you too can offer your time, talents or treasure to do works of ministry — but not on a regular basis. In other words, you can serve during certain times or situations only. You may have skills that you can volunteer or resources that you can lend, etc. The crucial thing is that you are making yourself or your resources (car, house, equipment, etc.) available on some occasions only. If you are interested to become a resource person, please contact us as soon as possible.
10 He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 12 He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.”
- Be a Prayer Warrior – The work of any ministry cannot prosper or succeed without prayer. Prayer is the key to accomplishing the work of God in this world. If you cannot support the ministry, be a host, or offer your time, talents and treasure either regularly or occasionally, then you can serve the Lord through prayer. Being a prayer warrior is a strategic ministry that can accomplish much for the glory of God. If you are interested to become a prayer warrior, please contact us as soon as possible.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.